Friday 26 September 2014

Final Image 1

After reviewing the images very critically I have chosen the 4 I wish to submit as my final images. These will be listed on the blog in 4 separate posts - each post containing the raw image and the edited one, along with my review of each one and why I chose it. - please click on the images for full scale. 

Image 1 - RAW UNEDITED COPY
IMAGE 1 - EDITED FINAL COPY
This image has had a minimal amount of editing, and my photographer mainly concentrated on changing the lighting and crop to a more framed one with a lighting that has been reflected through the series as a dusky misty light. Some small cosmetic changes were made, for instance the models knee was bleeding and this was edited, and also exposure that was beaming from the light blonde hair was made a lot more subtle.
I chose this image as the composition of the model close to the building, tells the narrative of my shoot and Titania stumbling upon the human monarchy and also makes her look very small in proportion to the architecture around her which is ideal for the faerie theme. The length of the wig is a lot more visible here compared to the other images, and the styling along with the colours of the make-up - particularly on the lips really compliment each other and showcase the work as a collaboration.
If I could change anything in the image, I would look at making the foundation base a shade lighter. We did a complete make-up change prior to this look, to freshen the face and keep continuity, as the base was beginning to look tired, despite the use of primer beforehand. I also would consider an extra application of eyeshadow, however I was very disappointed with the mac eyeshadow 'parfait amour' on the day, which was very under pigmented, and took up a lot more time due to application taking a lot longer. I would even consider another product for this, but overall I am very happy with the image, and the wig which looks well styled and also well tamed, considering it was synthetic hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment