Tuesday 2 December 2014

Flowers in art


Moving forwards from my trip to London and looking at flowers in general, I felt a deeper look into flowers and the artistic interpretation of them would be ideal. Although the book was based around Netherlandish flowers, I found the book still appropriate to consult, and also brightened my awareness to where geographically my work should be based now. Throughout history the use of flowers has developed from frames (as seen below) to being paintings of a small to large scale. Many flower bouquets such as carnations/roses etc. were mixed with 'filler' plants such as wheat and grasses, which again adds more breadth to the project. The context of still life flower art, developed into 3D art throughout the victorian era, where the art of flower arranging began, which will be another research topic. The book was the most useful for sparking ideas and topics of research which will be followed up in due course.


No comments:

Post a Comment