Wednesday 1 October 2014

Final shoot day - 29/11/14




Unfortunately due to the fast pace of the shoot day, I didn't manage to get as many photos of the process as I wanted to, however I did get some of the application of the tall wig, at the start of the day. The application worked a lot better, with the tightly bound corn rows - which again unfortunately I couldn't reference as I didn't take a photo. Once the wig was on I could dress the hair into it, and there was a slight colour difference I hadn't identified before - where my model had dyed her hair pink it had left a very warm blonde behind. I applied some dry shampoo to this to help add some ash colour into the blonde, and fortunately my photographer will be able to alter any other obvious colour in photoshop. You can see some grips in the images here, which were there primarily whilst we travelled to the venue to work with the hairspray that was setting katies very fine soft hair to stand on edge upwards. At the back of the wig I folded the long overhanging hair into itself to create a barrel curl, which was done very tightly as some hair was shorter than other parts so keeping the curls as even as possible was difficult. This was inspired by the large plant pots actually at our location which were of a very elizabethan style, and comprised of folds coming from the blooming plant pot. Overall I was please with this wig but it did take a little longer than planned but I am glad the most complex wig was used first.

Above are some more images of Cage Wig 1 being applied on the day as well as make-up.

 <<< An image taken of a wig change on set, with myself and my assistant Harriet with model Katie, our stylist and photography assistant.
To the left is an image of myself applying the second cage wig on set, whilst my assistant removed existing lipstick and eyeshadow ready for me to complete the next look, taking my model from green eyeshadow into natural brown and gold smoke, and a purple lip into a sheer pink lip. This wig was simple to apply and was very comfortable for my model who needed to have some tension taken from the hair which had been up and tightly bound in the heavier Cage wig prior to this one. I was really happy with the result of this make-up change which was a lot more naturalistic and created a beautiful final image. (See final images post)

After this wig we then removed it and wrapped the hair, including our anchor points for the next wig application, of the lace front. I am very disappointed to have not been able to get any images of this however the sun was now beginning to move and the most important thing was having the model ready and getting the images. The natural eye progressed into a purple smokey eye which was very intense, and I was actually very disappointed with the pigmentation of the mac purple shadows which took a lot of application to get a nice even colour. At this point having an assistant with me was priceless as she was able to prep the face for me to apply the next look, whilst i wrapped the hair and fitted the wig. I had a slight problem with the lace being too tight at one point so the models skin moved under it giving a rippled effect, however I had no time to justify this small issue around the temples, as time was limited, so instead I worked with this and moved the fringe slightly to cover the small area of lace that had been applied too tightly, and this gave the better seamless finish myself and my photographer needed.

This was one of the most intense photoshoots I have worked on, with a very fast paced schedule but also a massive amount of pressure on myself and my photographer. I continued to develop my skills on the day, keeping cool, working with situations and operating in a quick thinking manner, and overall I  am very please with the final outcome, and well the weather couldn't have been anymore kind to us, so overall the day was very effective and produced the standard of images we were both looking for to complete our projects.





No comments:

Post a Comment