Monday 6 October 2014

Cage 1 (Tall Wig) Make-Up Trials x2

The two designs I brought forwards to develop for this image were my 3rd and 4th designs seen below;


For the purpose of time management I have chosen to apply the test make-ups to myself, before my model, so that I can utilise my time to try other ideas I may have.
First I applied a Kiko Cleanser and Moisturizer to my skin, before applying Smashbox Photofinish Primer to prepare the skin. I then applied a revlon foundation in shade 180, before applying MAC Blush in Dame (see images below) I then applied some colour to the brow and also applied a brown brow set. This will be blonde on my models complexion. I then used three green MAC pro pan eyeshadows in shades 'lime' 'kelly' and 'aqua'. The pigmentation was very good when using these products and I was happy with the coverage. I then applied some eyelashes, which I know now were too large and I will be applying some very small natural ones for the nature of the project. I then applied a very light layer of MAC prep+prime for the lips before applying the heroine lipstick. I didn't use a brush for this as it is my own product and does not need to be decanted, however I will be doing this taking some from the length of the lipstick and applying with a clean brush to my models face. I repeated this with an orange shade LP348 from my Kryolan Lip Palette.


I was unsure about how useable the purple lipstick was at first and if it was too dramatic a make-up, however when referring back to my narrative this is where Titania really wants to impress and is the most dramatic phase of all three looks, therefore I believe there is place for colours this strong. The pink peach based lip is too complimentary and also on my models peach skintone may not stand out as much as my yellow skintone. Therefore I will be choosing to take on the purple lip of design 4 as my final developed look.

No comments:

Post a Comment