Monday 6 October 2014

Cage 2 (Floral Wig) Make-Up Trials x2

The two designs I brought forwards to develop for this image were my 3rd and 4th designs seen below;



Following the same process as for all my trials and applications I first applied a Kiko Cleanser and Moisturizer to my skin, before applying Smashbox Photofinish Primer to prepare the skin. I then applied a revlon foundation in shade 180, before applying MAC Blush again in Dame (see images below) I then applied some colour to the brow and also applied a brown brow set. This will be blonde on my models complexion. I then used for the first trial, a pink eyeshadow in MAC pro pan 'paradisco' before using 'creme de violet' and 'parfait amour' to blend into the purple outer edge of the designs. The two purple shades were not as pigmented as I had thought, therefore will require a little more application on the day. I again applied fake lashes which will be a lot smaller and more natural, as large eyelashes do not convey the aspect of beauty I was hoping for. I then finished the lip with a rose based MAC lipstick in shade 'fast play'. The look was very feminine and although I feel it may compliment the shades of the wig, the narrative suggests that on this look she is reclaimed by nature, and will need to have more natural aspects brought onto the face. Therefore I then replaced the coloured eye with more natural browns and creams, with added shimmer to keep the magical aspect in the face. Applying MAC pro pan colours 'shroom' 'retrospect' 'honesty' and ''patina' I blended a brown smoked eye again with the lashes, which I am keen to keep throughout the toning down of the make-ups as a continuity aspect of my work. I also changed the pink lip to a more nude, orange based matte MAC lipstick 'Pander Me'. This did not work with the brown tones on the eyes, and clashed quite a lot. Therefore I looked at other colours in my kit and chose to use one of my violet toned pinks which was MAC fantasy of flowers ltd edition  'snapdragon'.  This worked so much better bringing some feminine aspect into the make-up and I feel would pull the wig and make-up together. Therefore I will be developing Look 3 as my final look.

No comments:

Post a Comment