Wednesday 8 October 2014

Knotting the Front Lace



Once the wefts were applied I had a small section of foundation to knot, which would blend from the weft to the lace so was important to knot in the correct way to ease the dense hair work into the smaller finer knotted work. From the left hand image you can see some bulk knotting which was required to actually cover the weft track, and also seamlessly blend the density together. This as it worked forwards onto the lace became from 5 hair bulks, through to 3 hair bulks, leaving a 1cm gap around the parting which would include a small layer or 2 hair knots before going into the finer 1 hair knots around the parting. I knotted majority two hair knots through most of the front lace, as this was a wig for fashion which was very dense anyway thanks to the course synthetic hair, but stuck to the rule of 1 hair knots around the centimetre than sits on the hairline.
The process was something I have completed before so I found it simple, however I really did notice I have become a lot quicker at knotting the front lace, and this took me approximately 10 hours compared to the 24 hours it took me last year. I also found my technique a lot more accurate, having not snagged the lace once, this was something I struggled with last year when making my wigs, and I am happy to of developed this and hopefully abolished any damaged lace now. Overall I am very pleased with the front lace which effectively blends into the wefts and is of good quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment