Friday 17 October 2014

Cage 2 (Floral Cage) Make-up Designs x8



Design 1 for my naturalistic look uses a light pink 'smog' around the eye, keeping the feminine mythical theme but also a green lip, which although considered a natural colour, may not be considered so on the placement of the lips.
Design 2, again uses green in an unconventional placement, contouring the cheeks, which again despite the other natural beauty elements of the design, will not represent the level of nature I am looking for. However the elements I have found so far that do suggest a good design idea will be carried forwards in the process.


Design 3, uses a rose pink cheek to draw a level of eye contact away from the smoked brown eye, this is complimented by a rose pink lip, which although keeping colours very natural and modern, give some detail and skill into the make-up application.
Design 4, uses elements from design 2, a feminine pink cheek and lip, but again tried to echo the green natural eye, which I have already suggested will be trialled by the tall cage. I think drawing away from green and looking at using different aspects of my colour palette is essential to the rest of this process.




 Design 5 has brought a return of a suggestion of gold leaf into the make-up. A small placement of it on the eye may stand out from the natural based make-ups and just give the idea of a 'flicker' of her original glamour still existing, however I still think this could be executed better in one of the other looks. The strong cheek colour also may not fit with the 'toning down' of the make-up for this specific image.
Design 6 returns to the use of feminine colours, bringing the purple back from the earlier designs that represented mythical faerie based ideas so well, this mixed with the pink tones on the face if done in subtle tones is something I would like to take forwards and trial, to see if a level of colour can still be contained in this image.
Design 7 again uses green, which I also think could be a 'reflection' of the envy Titania gains in the second 'tall wig' designs and image idea, but paired with the coral lip I fear may be too similar of an idea to one I will be trialling for that look and I really want a variety of make-ups through the series.
The final design 8, again returns to the idea of a gold leaf image, placing it on the eyes, toned in to a warm yet subtle metallic brow, which may also keep a glimmer of regal-ness in the image, however I designed this with an also full lip of gold leaf, which I think draws from the naturalistic ideas and also the contouring is too sharp for the softer base I want this image to represent.
I have chosen from this set of designs to take forward Design 3 and design 6, to question whether colour has a place in this look, or wether it needs to bring more earthy tones back to the humbled character.

No comments:

Post a Comment