Saturday 4 October 2014

Stage review 4 27/11/14

After working through the week to complete the practical aspects of the project ready for my final shoot this Saturday, I am constantly referring back to my learning objectives to make sure I complete the work to a standard that meets the criteria, and also matches the practical guidelines I have developed through the project. I thought it would be a good recap to actually write down what I want as an outcome from Saturday here, so I can discuss this in the next Stage review after the shoot.

The 'story' behind my project has developed throughout and also changed a few times. It has always been based on a young Titania, the queen of the faeries in Shakespeare's ' A Midsummer Nights Dream'. The images will be shot within the grounds of a stately home next to a small fernery where the faerie queen has emerged from to discover human society and the regality of the human monarchy. She is unseen as she is a faerie and her styling progresses from a long wig with a flowery crown, and a bright purple feminine eyeshadow, into a tall, show stopping wig as she is trying to be seen by the humans, green eyeshadow which represents envy of the human monarchy. This is set to slowly backfire on her as the wig changes to one made completely of flowers, with small sections of hair plaited and coming from a flower dressed from hair, symbolising nature and almost signalled to put her back in her naturalistic environment, with brown smoked eyes and a subtle pink lip. One of my outcomes was to be able to use intellectual thinking and be able to explain and justify every step in the process leading up to my final outcome, and writing this down as I have ensure myself that I understand my narrative, as does the assessor of the unit and also any viewers on this blog.

To meet my learning objectives on Saturday, I need to stick to the time plan set out by myself and my photographer, work to a high standard and be self critical of my work, getting the best result I can. I need to be able to explain my ideas and their intellectual reasoning which I have just done above - and be able to work in a team, this is a collaborative project and myself and my photographer will be working in a team of 6 now rather than the two of us it has majority been throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment