Tuesday 7 October 2014

Heat testing

I have created a test weft to try heat on my synthetic hair. The website clearly states it will hold up to 80 degrees of heat, however have heard reports amongst my peers it may hold more.
First I tried GHD's on the hair, primarily because these are the straighteners available at the time. Below is an image of the results;
Initially from the stand on the right you can see as they were heating up it created a beautiful sleek effect, compares to the left hand side which is the original state of the hair. However as they got hotter the hair simply burnt and snapped near the root (image below);
Here is the join where the heat simply melted the hair and it broke away. I am now looking to trial some straighteners with optional heat levels, and also will be trying a curling wand with optional heat level (see below);

No comments:

Post a Comment