Sunday 19 October 2014

Visual Research

 As I am now within the designing stages of my make-ups, I wanted to look at source some more colour inspiration and also focus on my application methods for the make-ups as well as product information. Using the book make-up is art, is always beneficial to project, inspiring and also informing my projects. Below are some images from the book with annotation that I found particularly helped me in this stage of the process.

 Skin care is something that is important in all applications, however for this beauty make-up I want to make sure my preparation right through to the application on the skin is done with precision, giving my model a dewy, naturalistic glow throughout the shoot.




Using colour on the eyes is also key within the project. The floral aspect of the project brings so much colour around the face that a strong colour will have to be applied within the make-ups to ensure the face and make-up application is not too naturalistic, and lost within the flowers. I particularly like the green pink contrast on the right.

 Using lips as a tool to hold colour is something I am also keen to do. The lips can often appear stronger than the eyes or counteract strength bringing it lower down from the strong colours of the wigs, and this is something I would like to consider using. Applying alternate textures or combination of colour on the lips is also something that could be considered within the project design stage.

 Mixing colour around the face and cheeks is something I would also like to look at. Colour can be as effective on more subtle parts of the face and on the image to the right you can see the placement on the brows is another way to consider this. I do think its quite a fashion based studio look rather than the naturalistic theme my project seems to of adopted.




No comments:

Post a Comment