Friday 3 October 2014

Hair Trial

Once my wigs were complete, I needed to run a hair trial. Unfortunately this was two days before my final shoot, which didn't leave me much time for any amendments to the wig, so hopefully the careful making stage of the wigs means there won't be many if not any alterations needed.




 The first wig we applied was cage 2 which I consider to being the simplest wig which requires the least product, so I could keep using the hair throughout the trial, and also on the day. I created  flower at the back of the hair very quickly, but it added a nice effect to the wig, blending in a lot nicer than I thought. The front of the wig will need to be pulled down further and the hair dressed after I have the wig in place.




The second wig I applied was the wefted wig, which I had wrapped the hair very quickly prior to application. The wig fitted well, and suited my models skin tone, which I had been concerned about before as her hair was such a warm tone I thought the cooler tones may not work. Once the wig is attached and in place I added the hairband onto the wig which didn't pull back on the wig or cause any kind of tension on the hair, so my model was comfortable underneath.



 My first method to apply the tall cage 1, was to pincurl the base tightly, before placing the wig on and using geisha grips to pin the wig in and also using the 4 tabs, made from tutu net and pinning them in with grips, however this didn't hold on the models hair and unfortunately continued to fall down, snagging on her hair every time, so I had to be quick and concise, and also had my assistant constantly holding the wig on, and supporting it.

The next method I trailled after quickly consulting the internet, was to create some braids that would hold the hair in place, however I didn't have any small bands to tie the braids with, so they were not tight. Therefore I plan to go home and practise braiding the hair, to thicker braids which will hold the wig better.









No comments:

Post a Comment