Tuesday 7 October 2014

Making the floral headband


As mentioned previously, I am creating a headband which will be used on the knotted lace wig, as a dressing and reference to the floral element of the project, and also as an individual piece requested by my photographer to complete her 4th look required for her brief.
The headband was very simple to make. I purchased a plain headband comprised of two pieces of metal, spot welded at the bottom - something which would be very easy to replicate . I then covered it in lace, as i did the bases of my cage wigs, before stitching tutu net across each side of the headband, keeping it tight so it was able to hold the flowers ontop. Following the same guidelines of glueing the flowers on, I added flowers again in an order which worked to reflect the shape and style of the band, before adding some smaller flowers to fill any gaps. The headband was quick to make, and as it was not one of my original pieces I hadn't designated a lot of time to the headband, however I am very happy with the final result, and believe it will be a small but effective element of my final shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment