Friday 17 October 2014

Cage 1 - Tall Cage Make-Up Designs

*Please see original designs in accompanying book*

Below is the designs for the tall caged wig make-ups, with descriptions listed below;

I am happy with the format of scanning in my face charts as this adds continuity to the already developed hair design, and allows me to see the complimentary designs, what works and what dosent clearly and concisely.



 The designs to the left are labelled as Design 1 and Design 2 (Tall Cage).
Design 1 looks at using gold leaf, on the lip and eye to look at the regal, monarch aspect of my narrative. It is toned down by a natural pink blusher, however I do still think the design is straying away from the naturalistic narrative of the shoot.
Design 2 uses a more subtle pink eyeshadow, attaining the feminine aspect of the shoot and also makes use of a lot of green representing 'Envy' the feeling Titania attains within this image. I feel the green is too strong and out of
the box for this image and that the gold leaf on the lip will create an undesired contrast.

 The next two designs, are very similar but both use green around the eyes derived from the saying "The green eyed monster" which was also from Shakespeare in his works of Othello, so therefore fits perfectly into the narrative and also basis of my work. Design 3 uses a peach lip, which was designed to contrast the green, however I feel is a little too 'light and bright' to create an intentional beautiful contrast. Therefore I looked at using a darker, intense purple lip which I think works a lot better and is one of the looks I will be looking to carry forwards and trial.


The next 4 looks I designed, looked at using duos of colour on the face, and also contouring with colour as well as alternate blusher shades. I also continued to trial the idea of gold leaf.



Looks 5&6 (Tall Wig) both again contained an element of green as this is something I am really certain I want to carry forward for this look. Look 5 used two colours on the lid, a pastel pink shade, contrasting but blending into an intense green. I feel this isn't something that will blend seamlessly and will clash, but would like to trial this also, as I believe the natural elements of the pink lip with the pink eye may work. Look 6 uses green in a different position, onto the lips, instead of the eyes, however I do not think this relates back to the quote of the green eyed monster and that envy may not be easily percieved and the naturalistic beautiful elements
of the make-up may be lost by the unusual lip shade.

Look 7 again trials the royal aspect of gold leaf on the face, instead of the green, and replaces the natural pinks I have been looking at with a warm red/pink blusher and lip. The make-up is very rich and a little two extravagant I feel for my character. The final look, replaces the solid shapes of the gold leaf with smaller sections around the eyes, blended with a subtle natural pink eye makeup, which is also used on the cheeks and face, with a strong shape of contour used. I don't feel this look actually gives the character enough presence, and the gold leaf may look too 'repeated'.

Overall I will be looking to conduct trials and purchase products for looks 4&5, and although they don't use a unique project such as gold leaf, I believe my selection of colours will work together to give a fun, feminine look but also bring the desired emotion of 'envy' into the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment