Friday 21 November 2014

Cage wig design development - initial style and dressing

 When developing styling ideas I find small sketches of a front and back view the most effective for my style of design. The image above shows my first initial idea for dressing the wig. A basket weave is used in a lighter and darker shade of blonde. and runs around the top of the cage, and also approx 2 inches above the hairline. This is a technique I am keen to try, however it is a technique that is also too modern for this particular project, bringing no classical or naturalistic features apart from the flowers. Therefore I designed the design below. Although the design shows less skill with hair, the large barrel role of hair at the top of the cage represents the style of the 16th century pots which surround our venue at kingston lacy house. This paired with the shape which is also representative of a plant pot, and the plants escaping down from the top of the pot give a unique fashion based yet historical based styling idea, which I am keen to keep on developing

(sourced from: hgtv.com) a similar shaped flower pot to the ones at Kingston Lacy. The particular rimmed shape at the top of the pot is what I am focusing on in my design above.

No comments:

Post a Comment