Saturday 15 November 2014

Wefting for Wig one.




When wefting I use the 3 string technique and weft into the 'M' shape. I have wefted small areas in the past, however this time as I was using wefts for the whole wig I wanted to create high quality wefts which would be nice and thick, but have a neat line at the top of the weft which didn't leave the hair shedding a lot. I feel I had completed this, and was very pleased with the 6 wefts I created for the wig. I then stitched the wigs onto the lace with approx 2 inch gaps between each weft. This I found quite difficult as I had very weak thread which kept snapping. The
stitching didn't look as neat as I would of liked and I may look at re-doing this with translucent thread. The wig had 6 wefts now stitched to it, at a length of 25inches. This will be cut slightly once the wig is complete to give it a finish, before styling. The wig is looking quite thick and I am planning to remove 1, potentially 2 wefts once the front lace is knotted, and I can really see the wig development and outcome. Overall I am happy with the timescale it has taken - only a week so far, to complete this part of the construction.









No comments:

Post a Comment