Monday 10 November 2014

New Visual research (books)

Kryolan: Palace of Colour - The magic of make-up;
This book was one I had ordered into the library as it is a valuable referencing book, which contains small sections of writing before engaging with the viewer with a collection of images. The 'chapter' style structure of the book works really well, and the amount of text to the amount of image is something that will be popular amongst creative students.

For myself I found the book invaluable as it comprised of a whole section based on incorporating flowers into make-up designs and also had a piece of writing at the start of the chapter which I have included below;

Obviously the flowers in the book are real, as mentioned in the chapter starter, but the ones I will be using will be fake for the purpose of handing in my work and them still looking effective. The text also includes the model blending away into nature which is something I aim to do within my narrative, as the fairy based ' A Midsummer Nights Dream' is almost based on the fairies being hidden away into nature.



         




No comments:

Post a Comment