Wednesday 19 November 2014

Attaching wefts and flowers to Cage 1

After wefting 6 wefts for the cage, I placed them over the cage, before pinning them in around the base of the cage. I knew straight away I would need to layer these wefts as the frame was so visible through a small layer of hair. I then began to stitch the wefts in layers around the smaller ribbon covered ring at the base of the cage. This was simple and provided a secure way to attach the hair to the structure. After the wefts were attached the whole way around the cage, I then pinned the hair tightly at the top of the cage.

This was then secured with small patched of glue before the overhang of hair was brushed back down into the hair that was pulled up. This made the most of the hair on the cage, and added extra covering to the top of the cage which is wider and was harder to cover equally. I found the process harder than I thought as I really didn't want to use any glue to secure the hair to the cage, however felt it was correct to do once the hair was secure in the correct positions.


A vertical section on the side of the cage spanning 3 inches at the bottom and 8 inches at the top, was left which was covered in flowers which were 'over flowing' from the blooming flowers on the top of the cage. This allowed the flowers to be attached directly to the net with glue and also meant I was not covering hair with flowers - effectively creating waste.
You can see the final cage to the left which I was really pleased with, and am looking forward to trialling on my model shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment