Saturday 29 November 2014

Photoshoot 'Story'/ Narrative

After some discussion with my photographer, I have designed a narrative, which will help with designing my practical work. This will also narrow down my options and hopefully help to engage the reader and help myself to justify the choices I make. It has now been possible to design the pieces after finding my location, although some of my initial wig ideas have already been considered.
Please see the initial narrative below;

The images will be shot within the grounds of a stately home next to a small fernery where the faerie queen has emerged from to discover human society and the regality of the human monarchy. She is unseen as she is a faerie and her styling will progress from an glamorous, yet beautiful, feminine emerging of the queen, into one who wishes to be accepted as a larger human queen, who has had enough of faerie life. Her wigs will then be applied, one being extravagant yet containing elements of her nature based background. She will then begin to understand that she is an invisible fictional character to humans, and return to her kingdom with a new air of appreciation, with nature reclaiming her through a vision of floral elements and natural colours. Although this is slightly straying away (just slightly) from the works of Shakespeare, I am finding it difficult to create a hard, unique vision based on what is practically a 'fairytale' and therefore want this to be a unique, alternate yet recognisable image through clever use of visual styling and photography. One of my outcomes was to be able to use intellectual thinking and be able to explain and justify every step in the process leading up to my final outcome, and writing this down as I have ensure myself that I understand my narrative, as does the assessor of the unit and also any viewers on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment