Sunday 16 November 2014

Covering Wig 2

                 



After successfully covering the cage in tutu net, I began to place the flowers onto the net. This wig is made up of all flowers, with small sections of hair interweaving through, therefore I chose to use my glue gun to stick them on as it will provide a more secure bond to the net, as the cotton I brought is very weak and also does not look as neat as the hidden glued on bond. The flowers were placed in an order that allowed colours to work together with the shape of the flowers and not clash. Once I was happy with the arrangement of the flowers I stuck on a weft of hair, around the top of the cage which had been left with a deliberate hole in the tutu net. This hair was spread evenly and plaited around the cage, with the hole still existing - allowing me to dress my models hair into a flower through this hole. I couldn't create a perfectly neat opening for the hair to come through, however once dressed it will be covered so overall am very happy with the structure which is strong and effective as it was designed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment