Wednesday 26 November 2014

Cage wig design development - shape



I decided to draw the shape design for my chosen structure in the same order i will apply each piece of structure to it. The first thing will to make a base in an oval/round shape allowing it to sit comfortably on the crown of the head, before cutting 4 even length pieces of metal to weld at 4 points of the base, connecting it to the larger round circle at the top of the cage. once this is welded together it needs to be strengthened to hold the hair and flowers on it. I intend to use specific lengths of metal, again rounded and place them over the structure, so they hold it together, before welding it in place.


On the image above is the final drawing, with all the measurements i will use to create my cage. The base will be 48cm around - small enough to sit ontop of my models 58cm head. The cage height will be 28cm - without any decor so will probably end up taller! The circumference of the top circle will be 65cm around - emphasising the oversized plant pot design of the structure.
When it comes to applying the rounded structure enforcing pieces, I will measure the cage at 7cm points. I initiated the welding spots by marking a black star.  It is important when I design the cage structure to include informative drawings with exact measurements - this allows someone to overtake a job if i was unable to do so and also allows it to be done well.







No comments:

Post a Comment