Sunday 16 November 2014

Elizabethan Hair Stying

As my project has developed, I have designed 3 very different wigs, which use different styling. I have previously discussed that I do not want any of these wigs to be styled in a way that is a complete replica of any period in history as this is a naturalistic, mythical based project that I want to adopt certain elements of certain eras, without being directly linked.
I am looking at using an influence of Elizabethan styling for my lace front wig, which will be down on the day, as I have two up-do cage styles already.
Referencing from Corsons Fashions in Hair, I have included some images from the book below;
The book did not contain many down styles, as this was not appropriate of the era, however looking at the combination of plaits, curls and waves the book references I plan to input these into my design, as a subtle reference to the era of Shakespeare which obviously has inspired the project on a whole.




No comments:

Post a Comment