Thursday 27 November 2014

Wig Fitting

Katie came for her wig fitting on 23/10 at 5pm. She has fine wispy hair but a lot of it, approximately 16 inches in length and it is pink. Although this would work for my project I am keeping it very natural like I have talked about in previous posts and therefore believe the pink will not work. I wrapped katies hair tightly making sure to make the hairlines clear. On the right hand image you can see katies hairline isn't clear on the right - i used a pin tail comb to push this back once under the clingfilm and reveal the hairline.

Once I was satisfied with the wrap, I covered tightly with selotape, which strengthens the clingfilm creating a sturdier template. I then drew around the hairline. The master template i was creating also included Katies original parting. This allows me to confirm the whereabouts of this for future reference. Now this will be transferred onto a wooden block ready to create my lace template. I found the process easy as I have done this quite a few times now, and found my wrapping of hair has improved vastly from last year, and I take half the time now!






No comments:

Post a Comment